For the second straight year, #TeamChuck has emerged victorious in the BBVA Rising Stars Challenge after defeating #TeamShaq by a score of 163-135
Denver Nuggets forward Kenneth Faried was named MVP of the game, finishing the night with a double-double of 40 points and 10 rebounds. Fans on Twitter were allowed to vote for MVP by using the hashtag #BBVARisingStars.
— NBA (@NBA) February 16, 2013
The 163 points scored by #TeamChuck breaks the previous Rising Stars record of 155 set back in 2007.
Last years MVP of the Rising Stars Challenge, Kyrie Irving, led the way for Team Shaq with 32 points, six rebounds and six assists.
Damian Lillard, the number one pick of the Rising Stars draft, finished with 18 points, five assists and three rebounds.
Ricky Rubio was the only member of #TeamChuck to not score in double-figures (5).
- On paper, #TeamShaq had the better team, but in a game where defense is essentially non-existent, I guess I should have known better then to pick anyone really.
- In a previous poll for Sir Charles in Charge, 76% of voters believed #TeamShaq had the stronger roster heading into this game. Well, I guess 76% of us were dead wrong, as this game was never really close at all.
- Charles Barkley didn’t even show up for the pre-game introductions. He has a team named after him, and he couldn’t even make an appearance on-court? Not cool, Chuck.
- What was up with those green shoes that a majority of the players were wearing? It looked like everyone dipped their feet in flubber prior to tip-off. Those are some of the ugliest kicks I’ve ever had the displeasure of looking at.
- Thank goodness for the Kyrie Irving/Brandon Knight one-on-one battle near the end of the second half. The crowd was completely dead up until that point. It was the most entertaining moment of what was very much a lackluster event.
TWEET OF THE GAME
Did someone just call a foul? This is blasphemy! #BBVARisingStarsChallenge
— FanSided NBA (@FanSidedNBA) February 16, 2013
PLAY OF THE GAME (Kyrie Irving breaks the ankles of Brandon Knight)
Topics: Charlotte Bobcats, Cleveland Cavaliers, Denver Nuggets, Detroit Pistons, Houston Rockets, Kenneth Faried, Miami Heat, Minnesota Timberwolves, New Orleans Hornets, Orlando Magic, Portland TrailBlazers, San Antonio Spurs, Toronto Raptors, Washington Wizards