In this week long series, we will give you gut reactions from each day during NBA opening week. We will post what we liked, what we didn’t like and what is making us scratch our heads.
The NBA is back. Finally. Day one was pretty awesome and day two should be even better (with a full slate of games). Though, there were a few things that impressed me and underwhelmed me. Apart from that, there were also things that left with with more questions than answers. It’s only been three games. Awesome.
Here are my gut reactions from opening night:
- Victor Oladipo is better than I expected him to be.
- What was with sitting Andrew Nicholson for a whole quarter? He was crazy good in the first half (18 points), then didn’t score in the second half.
- The Indiana Pacers looked underwhelming. Then again, it’s game 1.
- Thank God Roy Hibbert is Ok.
- My God, Chris Webber is so good on TV.
- Derrick Rose went 4 for 15, 1 of 7 from three. So much for that improved jump shot.
- No-Cole made Rose look silly.
- Carlos Boozer can’t be this good…right?
- I can’t believe Michael Beasley got a DNP-CD.
- I told you the Lakers were going to beat the Clippers.
- I also told you they would be better than expected.
- I also have no idea why they’re in my Tanking Rankings.
- I can’t wait for the first “The Lakers are better without Kobe” articles of the year.
- Xavier Henry could be the steal of the offseason. I’ll slow my roll though, it’s been one game.
- Kobe doesn’t need to rush back.
- Pau Gasol is going to put up crazy numbers this season and get PAID.
- Man, am I glad that the NBA is back.