In this week long series, we will give you gut reactions from each day during NBA opening week. We will post what we liked, what we didn’t like and what is making us scratch our heads.
The NBA is back. Finally. Day one was pretty awesome but day two was even better — a full slate of games, Sixers looking like world-beaters, plus other great debuts. Day three was only two games long but it had all the drama and storyline’s the first two days had, and then some. Derrick Rose hit a game-winner and the Los Angeles Clippers looked more like the Los Angeles Clippers.
Here are my gut reactions from opening night part tres:
- It’s going to be a while until Derrick Rose is back to his old self.
- Tyson Chandler looks good. Amar’e Stoudemire does not.
- Melo missed some clutch shots, you don’t usually see that.
- Woodson should be called out for not playing Bargnani on that final play.
- The Knicks are not good. Not right now.
- DeAndre Jordan is pretty good at dunking.
- I would pay to see a Jordan vs Andrew Bogut fight.
- When Chris Paul is playing like a top-3 player in the NBA, the Clippers are pretty good.
- Has Blake Griffin hit his ceiling?
- Oh wait, he just dunked again.
- Steph Curry can shoot. Good. From anywhere on the court.
- CP3 vs Curry has to happen in the playoffs. For 7 games.