In this week long series, we will give you gut reactions from each day during NBA opening week. We will post what we liked, what we didn’t like and what is making us scratch our heads.
The Philadelphia 76ers and Phoenix Suns are both 2-0. And this is why we play the games. NBA Wednesday’s and Fridays are fantastic–over ten games to watch and you can count on atleast three to four of the games to come down to a final shot or get interesting in the final quarter.
- The Heat are in auto-pilot/cruise control mode right now. LeBron is still working his way into game shape. They’ll be fine in the coming weeks.
- I love the dynamic of the Brooklyn Nets team — three point shooters, post-up players and great guard play. I think they’ll snag one of the first two seeds in the East
- The Mavericks are going to score the ball a ton but won’t be able defend anybody all season.
- So, yeah, Dwight Howard and James Harden are pretty good.
- 50 free throw attempts for Houston last night. They will lead the league in free throw attempts per game.
- Oklahoma City badly misses Westbrook and will struggle to score near 100 points per game until he returns.
- The Clippers are the best offensive team in the league. But their defense on the other hand, not so good.
- Mo Harkless will be recognized as one of the league’s best ‘3 and d’ players by the end of the season.
- Only Victor Oladipo can stop Victor Oladipo from winning Rookie of the Year.
- The Denver Nuggets will win no more than 33 games.