In this week long series, we will give you gut reactions from each day during NBA opening week. We will post what we liked, what we didn’t like and what is making us scratch our heads.
The Philadelphia 76ers are 3-0 and the Miami Heat are 1-2. There’s nothing else that needs to be said about the opening week of the seasons thus far.
Here are my gut reactions from day five:
- How in the world are the Sixers 3-0?
- Michael Carter-Williams has to be the the front-runner for ROY at this point, right?
- No, for reals, how are the Sixers 3-0??
- Paul George quietly got much better. Is he better than Melo yet? He might be.
- The Cavaliers are much less impressive than I thought they’d be. Shame.
- Anthony Davis is insanely good. Too bad no one will notice until he leaves New Orleans.
- If nothing else, the Mavs are going to be fun to watch this season.
- The Bucks won’t be.
- Also, quietly, Milwaukee has jumped to the top of the tanking ranking? Possibly.
- I think the Rockets are going to be a lot better than I thought they’d be and I predicted a top-3 finish in the West for them.
- Doesn’t it feel like the Blazers always beat the Spurs? That would be an interesting playoff matchup.
- For reals, guys. HOW ARE THE SIXERS 3-0?!