Lakers’ Steve Nash dealt another setback; could return next week

 

Nov 7, 2013; Houston, TX, USA; Los Angeles Lakers point guard Steve Nash (10) draws a foul on Houston Rockets point guard Patrick Beverley (2) during the second half at Toyota Center. The Lakers won 99-98. Mandatory Credit: Thomas Campbell-USA TODAY Sports

Last week Mike Bresnahan of the LA Times reported that Mike D’Antoni and the rest of the Los Angeles Lakers were hoping that Steve Nash was going to make his return to the Lakers’ lineup today. Nash has been out since late November, battling nerve root irritation, and it appears he’s going to miss some more time.

 

 

Post from Nov 20:

While many are already putting pen to paper (really finger to keys) to write that we’ve seen the last of Steve Nash, Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni said on Tuesday that his point guard is “going to try and do everything he can to come back” from the back, hamstring and nerve irritation issues that he’s been suffering from.

“He’s 39, almost 40 years old. I think he’s looking at, ‘What am I going to do when I’m 50?’ But no [he's not thinking of retiring],” D’Antoni told ESPN. “Now, whether he can get over this, we’ll see. We think he can. We hope he can. But there’s no talk of him sitting over there eating bon bons the rest of the way. No.”

Topics: Los Angeles Lakers, NBA, Steve Nash

Want more from Sir Charles In Charge?  
Subscribe to FanSided Daily for your morning fix. Enter your email and stay in the know.