Sixteen teams, 8 series, round one of the NBA Playoffs is upon us, finally.
It’s time to settle in, buckle up and enjoy the best players on the planet duke it out for a shot at making history. Will the Miami Heat make it to a fourth straight NBA Finals? Will they complete the rare three-peat?
Or will the San Antonio Spurs atone for their near-win last season? Perhaps Kevin Durant is finally ready to take his throne on top of the basketball world?
Is Doc Rivers the missing piece for the Los Angeles Clippers? Will the Indiana Pacers rebound from an atrocious regular season stretch run?
Nevertheless, I have delivered once again. Here are my seven “bold predictions” or things that I think will happen during this postseason. And no, that is not a typo. I really think the Rockets are going to beat the Spurs. Hate me.
Here we go:
1. The Indiana Pacers will slowly transform back into the Indiana Pacers of old by the time the Eastern Conference Finals comes around.
2. The San Antonio Spurs will look human in the first round against the Dallas Mavericks, and will lose two games.
3. Kevin Durant will play – and look – like the best player in the world.
4. The Los Angeles Clippers will prove to be “almost there” again.
5. The Portland Trail Blazers will be exposed and depth will be a major issue.
6. The Houston Rockets will beat the San Antonio Spurs in the second round.
7. Miami Heat will complete the Three-Peat by defeating the Oklahoma City Thunder in the NBA Finals.