As we enter what I like to call NBA Free Agency “Decision Week,” it’s a good time to step back and evaluate what we really know from the first few days of NBA Free Agency. Once we can somehow sort out the truth from garbage, we then, only then, can formulate reasonable predictions as to where the top free agents will land.
And even then, we could end up with egg on our faces. However, it’s still fun to speculate.
Before embarking on predicting where the top free agents will land, here are a few things that I think I know entering week two of NBA Free Agency:
- LeBron James has not met with any teams.
- Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade are essentially hostages while waiting for a LeBron James’ decision.
- Carmelo Anthony likes money, who doesn’t?
- Anthony is really choosing between the Lakers and Knicks, and not really.
- LeBron has two choices — Cleveland or Miami.
- Luol Deng isn’t going to sign for less.
- Isaiah Thomas is being lowballed by Sacramento.
- Pau Gasol will sign with a contender, assuming no big name lands in LA.
- No one, other than Miami, wants Dwyane Wade.
- Chris Bosh won’t have trouble finding work if LeBron bolts.
Now that we have that covered, let’s begin to predict where the top free agents will land…