May 4, 2014; San Antonio, TX, USA; Dallas Mavericks forwardDirk Nowitzki
(41) shoots against San Antonio Spurs forwardBoris Diaw
(33) in game seven of the first round of the 2014 NBA Playoffs at AT&T Center. Mandatory Credit: Brendan Maloney-USA TODAY Sports
Here are a few things to watch for as the 2014-15 NBA season prepares to tipoff tonight
The NBA season is finally here.
More from Sir Charles In Charge
- LeBron James working to assemble super team for USA Basketball in 2024
- Dillon Brooks proved his value to Houston Rockets in the 2023 FIBA World Cup
- NBA Trade Rumors: 1 Player from each team most likely to be traded in-season
- Golden State Warriors: Buy or sell Chris Paul being a day 1 starter
- Does Christian Wood make the Los Angeles Lakers a legit contender?
After months of sitting on the San Antonio Spurs’ fifth NBA championship, it’s finally time to begin a journey to crown a new one. The Spurs will raise their Championship banner tonight, as the Dallas Mavericks will begin its season in hopes to be exactly where the Spurs are next season.
In fact, 29 other teams have those same hopes.
The first official game of the 2014-15 NBA season consists of the Orlando Magic and the New Orleans Pelicans (8 p.m. ET). Around the same time (probably a tad later), the Mavericks and Spurs will meet in a Texas-sized showdown to tipoff (8 p.m. ET) the nationally televised regular season schedule.
Houston and the Lakers will nightcap the season opening day for the NBA, as we will finally see the long-awaited return of Kobe Bryant in a game that actually counts.
As we impatiently await the new NBA season, which is now just a few hours away, here are 10 things to watch for on opening night.