NBA Mock Draft: LaMelo Ball falls; Knicks take a big
The 2020 NBA Draft had been originally set for October 16, but that now has been officially pushed back. There’s still debate about when the new draft date will be and when it will be officially decided, but there are whispers that it could be moved back roughly a month to November 18. That has still yet to be decided, however.
With that said, expect the draft process to begin to take place over the next month or so. I’m not sure if that will come in its most traditional form, and it will almost certainly be different than what we’ve become accustomed to over the last few seasons.
In our latest NBA Mock Draft, a few contributors of SCIC joined together to try and map out how the draft could take shape. Each contributor took ownership of at least one team to try to mock the process.
A few notes from what transpired:
- LaMelo Ball falls out of the top 3.
- The New York Knicks don’t take a guard.
- The Golden State Warriors take a big.
- The Dallas Mavericks try to make a splash.
- The Phoenix Suns get their point guard of the future, finally.
- The New Orleans Pelicans make an interesting selection.
Let’s get to the official results.