Predicting 3 players that will dominate the NBA’s Play-In Tournament.
The NBA Play-In Tournament is finally here. Eight teams fighting for four playoff spots in both the Eastern and Western Conferences. It’s an experiment that the NBA hopes will blossom into a regular staple of every postseason.
And the first incarnation of it is setting up to be quite the spectacle. Two of the most storied franchises in the league are taking part and one of them happens to be the defending NBA champions.
Here is the official schedule for the Play-In Tournament, which will run from May 18-21:
- Game 1 – Boston Celtics vs. Washington Wizards (Tuesday, May 18, 9:00 p.m. ET)
- Game 2 – Indiana Pacers vs. Charlotte Hornets (Tuesday, May 18, 6:30 p.m. ET)
- Game 3 – Loser of Game 1 vs. Winner of Game 2 (Thursday, May 20, TBD)
- Game 1 – Los Angeles Lakers vs. Golden State Warriors (Wednesday, May 19, 10:00 p.m. ET)
- Game 2 – San Antonio Spurs vs. Memphis Grizzlies (Wednesday, May 19, 7:30 p.m. ET)
- Game 3 – Loser of Game 1 vs. Winner of Game 2 (Friday, May 21, TBD)
The NBA Playoffs, with the inclusion of the Play-In Tournament winners, will begin May 22. With the Play-In Tournament officially starting, we explore three players that could end up dominating the pre-playoff basketball.